The NAIA and NCAA DII Pre-Season National Rankings were released by Intermat Wednesday night. Four Michigan natives were listed in the top-20 of their weight class.
Former Eaton Rapids standout Jaedin Sklapsky was tabbed as the top man at 149 lbs. Sklapsky is a 2x All-American for Campbellsville (KY), placing 6th and 5th the past two seasons.
Davison grad Thomas Garty is ranked third in the same weight, wrestling for Indiana Tech. Garty earned his first All-American honor a season ago, placing 7th.
Missouri Valley teammates Tobias Barnes and Donavan Fouchey are both ranked at 157 and 197, respectively. Barnes and Fouchey have both placed 6th at the NAIA Nationals, with Barnes doing it a year ago and Fouchey in 2016.
At the Division II level, Clarkston grad Nick Vandermeer starts the season ranked 7th at 165 lbs for Lake Erie College.
Full rankings are posted here.
NAIA Ranked Wrestlers
1. Jaedin Sklapsky, Campbellsville/Eaton Rapids
3. Thomas Garty, Indiana Tech/Davison
4. Tobias Barnes, Missouri Valley/Romulus Summit
2. Dalton Bailey, Life/Houghton Lake
6. Donavan Fouchey, Missouri Valley/Oscoda
NCAA DII Ranked Wrestlers
7. Nick Vandermeer, Lake Erie/Clarkston