From the Michigan Wrestling Association:
Dear Michigan HS Coaches and Athletic Directors,
I am pleased to announce the 2nd Annual Michigan Wrestling Association Girls Wrestling Finals on Sunday, Feb. 2nd at Adrian College. We have attached a timeline of events for you to plan accordingly. Registration information will be sent out soon and all information will be posted on the MWA link of www.Michigangrappler.com. The MHSAA is again a presenting sponsor for our event. We will be placing the top eight in each of the 14 weight classes. We will be following the state of Hawaii weight classes, but if we exceed numbers in any weight class to run a single day event we may block weights.
● All MHSAA Rules Apply
● Only School Approved Coaches will be allowed to pick up the coaches and athletes packed or coach. No parents or club coaches will be allowed to pick up packets or coach.
● Registration deadline is Monday, Jan. 27th. Email Steve Babbitt at:
● Hospitality Rooms for School Coaches and Officials only.
● Wrestling will take place in the field house(blue gym) on six mats through the medal rounds. The State Finals matches will be wrestled on two mats in the Merillat Performance Gym.
● Medal to top Eight in each weight class.
● Any academic all state athletes will need to email Mike Garvey and meet all the qualifications.
● Weight Classes to be used: 97, 102, 107, 112, 117, 122, 127, 132, 138, 145, 155, 168, 184, 225
● No growth allowance will be used for this event. Participants must make scratch weight with Singlet on.
Adrian College Address: 146 S Charles St, Adrian, MI 49221
The Holiday Inn
1077 West U.S. 223
Adrian, MI 49221
Contact number for reservations: 1-517-265-5700
1629 W. Maumee Street
Adrian, MI 49221
Contact number for reservations: 1-517-263-7000
2020 MWA Girls High School State Championships
02 February 2020
Tentative Schedule for Release
7:00am Team Check-In/Packet Pick-up in Lobby
7:45am Skin Check in Fieldhouse – *SINGLET REQUIRED*
8:00am Weigh-In in Fieldhouse - *SINGLET REQUIRED*
Coaches Meeting in Wrestling Room
9:00am Line up for Grand March in performance gym
9:15am Grand March and Presentation of Colors
9:25am National Anthem
9:30am Competition Begins in Fieldhouse– First Round
10:30am Second Round
11:30pm Third Round
12:15pm Fourth Round
1:00pm Fifth Round
1:30pm – 3:30pm Campus Bookstore Open
1:30pm 30 min Break before medal rounds
2:00pm 3rd-8th place matches in Fieldhouse
2:30pm Allow spectators into Performance Gym
Line up for Parade of Champions
3:15pm Parade of Champions
3:25pm National Anthem
3:30pm Competition – Championships begin
5:00pm Championships end
Entry - $20 all day pass, $10 students w ID/children/seniors, children 5 & under free
Parking - $10 (street parking available free)