#5 Zein Bazzi, Dearborn Hts. Crestwood
#9 Owen Payne, Davison
Evan Sheeders, Battle Creek Lakeview
#4 Cole Dunn, L'Anse Creuse
- Bazzi-Payne is a great first round matchup, with Payne coming off a big weekend in Kalamazoo. The winner of that will take on either Dunn, who was 4th in '18, or Sheeders, who makes his 2nd trip to Ford.
#2 Mark Brado, Waterford Kettering
Bradley Weiand, Macomb Dakota
#4 Caleb Meekins, Westland John Glenn
#9 Dylan Phelps, Holt
- Potential 2018 semifinals rematch between Brado and Meekins in the second round.
#2 Corey Cavanaugh, Hartland
Evan Kaser, Rockford
#5 Kyle Borthwell, Westland John Glenn
#8 Gary Nilson, Utica Ford
- Borthwell-Nilson in round one is a huge matchup. Winner will likely take on Cavanaugh; Cavanaugh is 2-0 against Borthwell on the year.
Jackson Vance, Birmingham Seaholm
Hunter Derry, Traverse City West
#2 Mason Grasso, Woodhaven
#9 Zach Wells, Utica Ford
- All four are returning state qualifiers. Grasso and Wells both placed a year ago and wrestled earlier this season, with Grasso winning 4-0.
#7 Damon Dunbar, Birmingham Groves
#9 Mikale Mitchell, Woodhaven
#8 Jake Billette, Clarkston
#10 Ryan Granger, Holt
- Someone will outplace their ranking as two wins will put them in the top-six. Potential rematch between Dunbar and Billette; Dunbar won match one at Oakland County.
#9 Brett Stanley, Warren DeLaSalle
Josh Watters, Woodhaven
#3 Brian Case, Davison
#6 Victor Grabowski, Brighton
- Another weight with all four being returning state qualifiers. Case and Grabowski both have been on the podium. They've wrestled twice this year with Case taking both matches.
#3 Tanner Culver, Hartland
Leo Gallasso, Kalamazoo Central
#10 Kyle Emery, Woodhaven
#5 Brennan Doyle, Midland Dow
- Three 2018 all-staters in this quarter bracket - Culver (4th), Emery (6th), and Doyle (5th).
#5 Easton Mendoza, Holland
Collin Arnt, Escanaba
#4 Josh Howey, Warren Woods Tower
#10 Cameron Sanderson, Mattawan
- Could see any of the four getting through to the semis here. Mendoza is unbeaten at 112, Howey is the most battle tested on the year, and Sanderson has the best resume'.
#3 Cristian Perez, Allendale
#9 Will Sides, Gaylord
#5 Wyatt Daniel, Fowlerville
#10 Tanner Smith, Trenton
- Another weight with four top-ten guys. Daniel and Smith make their second trips to the state tournament; Daniel is the only one in the group to have made the podium before.
#3 Dawson Jankowski, Lowell
#9 Tanner Miller, Mason
Victor Coscarelli, Tecumseh
#7 Nate Young, Holly
- Jankowski and Miller both earned all-state honors last season, making for a big round one tilt. The winner will likely take on Young, who was a placer two years ago.
#2 Jacob Gonzales, Holly
Gabriel Hassan, Forest Hills Eastern
#6 Matt Tomsett, Madison Hts. Lamphere
#4 Jackson Hoover, Edwardsburg
- Super freshman Gonzales brings a 48-1 record into the tourney and is seeded first. He'll have the winner of Tomsett-Hoover in the quarters. Tomsett is a returning state finalist.
#2 Jacob Lanzini, Trenton
#10 Jacob Smith, Clio
#6 James Fotis, Lowell
Zach Haynes, Mason
- Undefeated Lanzini will have to survive two tough tests to make the semis in Smith and Fotis/Haynes.
#3 Quenten Hall, DeWitt
#8 Vince Scaramuzzino, Croswell Lexington
#4 Nathan Wynsma, Allendale
Amir Rasheed, Redford Union
- Hall and Wynsma are multiple time all-staters which could be a monster quarters match. They have six losses between them. Hall will have to get past a very tough Scaramuzzino to do so.
#7 Omari Embree, Warren Woods Tower
Dillon Reeder, Allendale
Brayden McNamara, Eaton Rapids
#4 Paul Scaramuzzino, Croswell Lexington
- Two solid first round matches with returning state qualifiers Reeder/McNamara, state placer Scaramuzzino, and 33-5 freshman Embree. It'll take two tough wins to get to the top-six.
#7 Hunter Keller, Richmond
#6 Aidan Weiler, Whitehall
#2 Ashtyn Bennett, Hopkins
Zachary Duncan, Grayling
- With Swiderski on the other side, a couple potential state finalists are in this quarter bracket. Keller-Weiler is a big round one match and the winner will likely take on Bennett in the quarters.
#2 Jordan Rodriguez, Chesaning
JD Gross, Richmond
#9 Daylin Wittig, Chippewa Hills
#3 Ryker Johnecheck, Williamston
- 2x placer Rodriguez leads the way here with two 2x state qualifiers in Gross and Wittig. Johnecheck is the wildcard, bringing a 47-6 record to the tourney in his freshman campaign.
#7 Dylan Whidden, Comstock Park
Kennen Loehrs, Paw Paw
#9 Alex Shrum, Clawson
#10 Carson Hayes, Chippewa Hills
- Wide open opportunity for someone to get on the podium for the first time. Shrum and Hayes make return trips to the state tournament, Whidden and Loehrs debut.
#1 Christian Killion, Dundee
Jacob Brooks, Pinconning
#5 John Botkins, Caro
#7 Austin Sanders, Comstock Park
- First round matchup of state placers in Botkins and Sanders. The winner gets returning finalist and top-seeded Killion of Dundee.
#10 Jake Case, Otsego
#6 Noah Babin, Algonac
#3 Trenton Blanchard, Whitehall
#9 Trevor Povolo, Kingsford
- Two ranked wins to get to the semis at 160. Blanchard is the lone returning state placer and will be the favorite to get through here.
#7 Parker Stroud, Iron Mountain
#8 Austin Raymond, White Pigeon
#4 Andrew Krupp, New Lothrop
Kellen Dixon, Flint Hamady
- Pretty wide open quarter at 112 in D4. Both Krupp and Raymond have experienced the tourney before, having qualified last year.
Devin Ellison, Rudyard
#6 Alex Wolford, New Lothrop
#9 Drew Gebhardt, Manchester
#8 Randy Frailey, Hanover Horton
- Gebhardt-Frailey is a round one rematch. The winner will likely take on Wolford, should he knock off regional champ Ellison. Wolford defeated Gebhardt on Friday.
#1 Jacob Shelby, Manchester
Chris Rios, Mendon
#10 Jordan Koetje, Pine River
#4 Zachary Goss, Vassar
- 2x placer Goss takes on 2x qualifier Koetje in the first round. If Goss survives, it sets up a solid quarter with top-ranked Shelby.
#2 Thomas Potter, Springport
#10 Aiden Adkins, Carson City
#4 Rayden Roggow, Athens
Reese Ransom, Evart
- All four are state qualifiers in this grouping, with three of them getting on the podium in '18 - Potter (5th), Adkins (6th), and Roggow (6th).
#6 Andy Dault, Oscoda
Barak Haring, Springport
#7 Jacob Cassiday, Beaverton
#5 Ethan LoPresto, Reading
- Good opportunity for one of these four to get into the semis here. All four are capable, but LoPresto probably has the best track record.
#4 Ridge Schutte, Whittemore Prescott
#8 Cooper Simmons, Martin
#9 Derek Guenther, Manchester
#10 Trent Hocter, Hanover Horton
- 4 vs 8 and 9 vs 10. One will go 0-2, one will get to the semis. Schutte is the only one in this group who has been on the podium before, so he's the favorite to advance.
#4 Logan Badge, Clinton
Josue Pena, Decatur
#3 Sam Gilles, Ishpeming Westwood
#8 Isiah Pasik, New Lothrop
- Gilles-Pasik is a rematch from earlier in the year where Gilles beat the freshman. If he survives that one, he'll probably have another freshman in Badge the next round.
#7 Simon Lato, Manchester
#10 Brayton Burgett, Union City
#4 Bryan McCurry, Pine River
#6 Mason Borlaug, Saginaw MLS
- Closing it out with another grouping of top-tens. McCurry looks to get back on the podium after placing his first two trips. Could see this one shaking out a number of ways, however.